Friday 22 June 2012

YSL or SLP??

Hi all!

I hope all you lovely people are doing well and enjoying the summer (except in England where there is no Sun!!)

Today I came across some very intriguing news about YSL which I thought you would find interesting. Yves Saint Laurent is changing its name!!



Basically the newly appointed YSL creative director, Hedi Slimane (former creative director of Dior Homme), has been given full creative control over the brand. He has said he wants to modernise the brand and his idea of doing this is by changing the name. :-/

Hedi wants the brand to be known as Saint Laurent Paris rather than Yves Saint Laurent! But fear not as the iconic YSL logo will stay the same....for now.

I really don't know what to make of this, frankly I think its a terrible idea and it will take a very long time for the new name to take, if it will at all. I can't see how the original name would seem old-fashioned it's such a big name in fashion. YSL is known world-wide by pretty much every person, its so big and it seems so strange to call it something else...But I guess they gave this major thought before making the decision. The world of fashion is a weird place don't you think?

At this time a saying comes to mind...if it ain't broke don't fix it! So I'm sorry to say Hedi I think your making a big mistake...but what do I really know! lol

What do you make of the change? Do you like the new name?

Don't forget to comment and subscribe
Until next time...keep smiling :-)

6 comments:

  1. That's so strange! It doesn't sound high-end at all... YSL sounds all mysterious and french but SLP sounds like an industrial company haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They said the logo will stay but i think they should keep it yves saint laurent!!

      Delete
  2. No that cant happen! Thats like changing a nation flag! Its going to take ages to get used to!

    http://samaysonsspace.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I really cant see it catching on, Im going to keep calling it the 'right' name! lol
      x

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that I found you on BlogLove Therapy now that I have read this piece of information. This devastates me. Why can't people just leave things well alone? I love YSL.

    Anyway this is a fantastic blog!!

    New follower!

    Helen xxx

    beautifullysuperfluous.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this shouldnt be allowed! lol
      Thank you for your lovely comments and following....welcome! :-)
      xx

      Delete