Monday 12 March 2012

My Top 3 - Foundation

Hi all!

Hope your all doing good :-) So I thought I'd get this up for you all and share with you my fav foundations as I know this is something I love to read about. I love trying out different types of foundations and have used a fair few in the past few years. So these are the ones I always go back to and re-purchase...

Estee Lauder Double Wear


I know this is a cult product and a favourite for many people and I can safely say it is worthy of the hype. This was the first high-end foundation I ever purchased and I've never looked back. This is the foundation I use when I'm in dire need of full coverage and when my skin is playing up. It genuinely lasts all day with no wear and when it sets, it stays on your skin. It can be a bit annoying taking it off but I don't mind with the results I get.

Plus I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this and this is a test of a great foundation. This is also great if I'm going out, at a wedding. I've heard that some people suffer with flashback in photos with this foundation because of the spf but I've not found that.

I find the best way to apply this is to use fingers and only use a small amount, it really goes a long way, if you use too much then you will end up looking like a caked up mess! (I speak from experience girls!)

Nars Sheer Glow
I fell in love with this foundation from the first moment the MUA tried it on me, the coverage, the colour the feel and look all amazing. I only recently purchased this from a Nars counter after trying to avoid it because I have so many foundations and need to use them up!

It has such a lovely finish on the skin and the colour match is perfect for me, the foundation doesn't look caked on no matter how much I build it up. I love the medium buildable coverage which is perfect for my skin as I have acne scarring from my teen years which are annoyingly ever present. This foundation lasts well and I don't have to worry about it throughout the day. It's great for people with normal/dry skin becasue of the finish, it is moisturising and that is quite important for me.

I prefer applying this foundation with either a traditional foundation brush or a flat top brush, it's very versitile and that's why I love it so mcuh.

Max Factor Miracle Touch


This is definitely my go to foundation when I'm in a rush and need something which I don't need to spend ages blending and perfecting. It gives a satin/dewey finish to the skin and has medium coverage which can be built up or sheered out. It is moisturising which is great for my dry skin and when set with powder it lasts quite well. I love the creamy texture of this foundation which is the only non-liquid foundation in my fav list. I tend to use a traditional foundation brush to apply this, even though it does come with a sponge I don't use that as it's quite unhygienic.

Hope this has been helpful to you all. Do any of you have these foundations if so what do you think. And what is your favourite foundation, do let me know, I'm always on the look out for new foundations to try. :-)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe
Until next time...keep smiling :-D
xTSBx

8 comments:

  1. I love estee lauder double wear :). I have put to much on and gone out looking like a cake face a few times with it though Lol.

    http://phatfashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I think everyone who owns it has made that mistake! ;-)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that I've never tried any of these! If you could only recommend one, which one would it be?x

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo gosh thats really hard, i would say if you have the budget for it the estee lauder because it will last you forever and its amazing stuff! If you dont want to spend too much then the max factor, if your pushed for time in the mornings it wont take you ages to apply...hope thats helpful?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Aaaah the shame! I'm never tried any of these! I'm too in love with my photoready! lol and I have to admit i tend to steer towards the tinted moisturisers as much as I can, when my skin's at it's best. have you tried the rimmel wake me up yet? I've heard it's got great reviews but I need to use up my stash first! hehe I waved but I dont think you saw me today :D

    xoxox

    www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for beauty reviews, hauls and health posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have photoready and I really like that too (I have wayy too many!) Havent tried the rimmel but Ive got a sample so im gonna give it a go. What I really want is the new loreal lumi magique - seems sooo good ;-)

      Aw I didnt see you, you should have come and said hi, you need to next time! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Double Wear is my holy grail foundation! Glad to see a fellow fan :)

    Following you now too!

    ReplyDelete